Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wars, Gays, Unpaid Taxes, and Everything but..............JOBS!

It's been awhile since I've posted.  This is mostly due to my busy work and family schedule, however I have also been too angry and upset with our elected officials lately to muster up the effort to comment. 

So here goes:

When I turn on the News, or open the newspaper, there is an abundance of information relating to "Don't Ask, Don't Tell", "The Dream Act", whether or not the Senate will pass another $700 Billion dollars for our National Defense, Tea Party victories over incumbent Republican Senators, and everything else in between.  Frankly, I don't care about these things!  Most Americans want to know when they will be able to go back to work.

I have made calls, and I have sent letters to my Representatives and Senators, all to no avail.  I am sick of hearing about our Defense budget, or whether or not it's okay for gays in the military to come out of the closet;  These things have absolutely no bearing on my life, liberty, or pursuit of happiness.  Honestly, I would be really surprised if this was a priority for a gay U.S. soldier fighting in Afghanistan right now! 

America needs a change.  Wake up!  Whatever party you are aligned with, is not out for your best interests.  Banks, Corporations, and Insurance Companies have taken over America; And unless we do something about it, our children are destined for an ultimately miserable future.

I don't have all of the answers.  I don't know when Americans, collectively as a society became lazy fools with entitlement issues.  All I know is that my husband needs a job, he is willing to do anything to work, but no one will hire him.

Please call or write your officials.  Tell them you don't want YOUR tax dollars funding wars, illegal immigrants, or bank bailouts.  If you have any suggestions for creating jobs, share them!

No comments:

Post a Comment