Thursday, July 1, 2010

State of The Union....

I'm not a politician.  I wasn't born into wealth.  I grew up in the comfortable, average middle class like the majority of Americans.  I learned about our history and how this country should operate, and despite some negative media influence, I never felt compelled to get involved...until now.

I called several Democrat and Republican Senators yesterday, on behalf of millions of unemployed Americans, and basically begged them to put their selfish agendas aside and pass the Unemployment extensions.  Some of their staff members gave me an attitude, some of them were very kind, but all of them were full of complete and utter BULLSHIT!  I have come to the conclusion that our officials are very ignorant and refuse to listen to the people who matter - you and me.

I don't pretend to understand how to solve all of our country's problems, but I do know when you are trying to balance a budget and save money you cut spending on things that are UNNECESSARY;  Like wars, foreign aid, tax cuts to big banks, etc.  I don't really care if by passing this bill, $33 billion dollars will be added to the $13 trillion dollar Federal Deficit because my children are already screwed!  I don't care if they can't seem to figure out how to agree on when to send American troops home from a pointless war zone next year.  I care about what is happening right here, right now in my city, in my State, in MY country!

Do they really believe that the American people will vote for whichever party stands their ground on this one?  Personally, I have decided my vote goes to whomever gives in first, and decides to put the American people before their stupid political garbage.  I guess we will see what happens.

My heart goes out to those of you who are in need of a job, and cannot depend on your country at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment