Monday, July 12, 2010

This doesn't feel like America anymore

During a nice weekend with my family, I became aware of just how annoyingly accomodating our country has become to those who are leeching off of our taxpayer dollars. 

For example:

When you call your bank, or any other large business for that matter, doesn't a spanish-speaking voice come on either immediately or immediately following a greeting, to tell you to press "numero dos"?

Next time you drive down your main street, count how many businesses have a visible sign that boasts "Se Habla Espanol".

On our way home from the local pool, I noticed an obviously Mexican auto dealership, which displayed a very prominent Mexican flag.  I looked around for the American flag, but couldn't locate one anywhere on the premises.

Hey!  If Mexico is that fucking great that you have to fly it's national flag over your American based establishment - Go back!  No one is forcing you to live here and enjoy our freedoms and liberties, or what's left of them anyway.

That's right.  You heard me correctly.  I am so sick of our goddamn country catering to the needs of nearly everyone but its own tax paying citizens. 

I have absolutely no problem if immigrants want to come here and work hard, pay their taxes, and make a good contribution to our society;  I do however, have a problem, when it takes listening through an entire message in Spanish, just to get to a Customer Service Representative (who happens to be located in India) for my cellular phone company.

Try pushing this issue on your Congressmen when they fly through your town to campaign this year.  I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment