Thursday, July 1, 2010

We Can't Just Sit Here....

My husband, our two children, our Bichon Frise Chloe, and I are all packed up, in the car, and heading to D.C. to protest the Senators who don't care enough about the millions of Unemployed Americans to pass the extensions before they take their vacations.  I don't know where we will stay, but hopefully there will be others who are planning on joining the camp-out at the D.C. Mall.  We plan to wave our flags upside down as a symbol of our current economic situation, and we will be recording everything and posting it back on the web.  I hope you all join us in our attempt at fighting for something we believe in.  WE are NOT lazy!  WE WANT TO WORK!  There are NO jobs! 

5 comments:

  1. Best of luck to you! Wish I could join you but since I've been out of work for as long as I have, there's no extra money for the trip. But I hope with all my heart that there is a big turnout. I understand that there will be some kind of rally in Philadelphia also tomorrow. I agree with everything you've said on this site. Senate members are off having barbecues and picnics while the unemployed can't pay their rent. This is a TRAVESTY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee, I appreciate your support and we will do our best to share these stories with anyone who will listen. Don't give up, and Don't ever forget how you feel right now. It will only make you stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God Bless you and the Americans that will be with you...I can't make the trip, I have to work...Yes, I'm lucky enough to have a job...But it's insane to think how screwed my family and I would be, if I lost that job...I'm so sick of our politicians...They all seem to suffer from cranial anal insertion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should have come when Senators would actually be in town.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of them are here during the 4th parade, thanks for the support!

    ReplyDelete